ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner - Information Security Officer 2 Days (14 Hours) / Exam included
1 350,00 € tax excl.
Learn to apply the ISO 27001 standard to enable the management of information security.
This two-day training offers you a hands-on approach to operate the ISMS and allows you to apply the requirements of ISO 27001 in an organizational context.
This course also brings you an effective preparation for the passing of the official ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner Certification Exam within the framework of the session.
To attend this course, participants must have the ISO 27001 Foundation certificate.
During these 2 days of training, you will learn to:
- Apply the principles of a ISMS policy to its scope, objectives and processes in the specific context of an Organization
- Apply risk management principles including identification, analysis and evaluation, and propose appropriate treatment actions and controls to reduce information security risks, support business objectives, and improve information security
- Analyze and evaluate risk-management actions and controls to assess their effectiveness and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of ISMS through internal audit and management reviews to continuously improve the relevance, adequacy and effectiveness of ISMS
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate the adequacy, relevance and effectiveness of the documented information and records required by ISO 27001
- Identify and implement appropriate corrective actions to maintain ISMS compliance with ISO/IEC 27001
Introduction, context and definitions
- What is de ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Standard?
- History and state of the art
- What is a practitioner ISO/IEC 27001?
- Current state of the Standard
Preparation for ISMS
- Leadership of the top-management
- Politics and objectives
- Integration with the daily operation
- Resources – Roles and responsibilities
- Management reviews
- Required Documentation
- The Controls
- Control clauses
- Information security policies
- The organization for security
- Human resources
- Asset management
- Access control
- Physical and environmental security
- Security of operations
- Communications security
- Acquisition, development and maintenance of systems
- Supplier Relations
- Security incident management
- Security and business continuity
Exam Preparation ISO 27001 Practitioner
- Tips and tricks for passing the exam
- Mock exam and group correction
Who should attend?
The ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner Course (APMG Certification) is intended primarily for professionals involved in information security management:
- In-house managers and staff working to implement, maintain and operate an organization's ISMS
- External consultants involved in the implementation, maintenance and operation of an Information Security Management Framework (ISMS)
- Internal auditors requiring applied knowledge of ISO 27001
Successful completion of the APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Exam is a prerequisite for taking the ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner exam.
About the Examination
The official APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner exam is included in the training and is taken one to two weeks after the course, either with an exam voucher or paper based in our offices.
The exam consists of a 4-question multiple choice questions, each consisting of 20 sub-questions and lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes (+40 additional minutes for non-English speaking candidates). Certification is obtained if the candidate obtains at least 40 correct answers (50%). Use of the printed text of the standard is allowed during the examination.
It is important to note that, for the moment, the exam is conducted in English only. There is currently no translation plan provided by APMG
- Accredited course material in English
Questions / Answers
Be the first to ask a question about ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner - Information Security Officer
|Category||IT Management, Governance & Security|
|Lunch||Coffee breaks and lunches included|