P3O® Foundation 3 Days (21 Hours) / Exam included
1 750,00 € tax excl.
P3O provides a guideline for the design of portfolio, program and project offices in organizations.
The P3O Foundation Course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The P3O Foundation level content provides the participant with sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to interact effectively with, or act as an informed member of, an office within a P3O model. It enables participants to successfully complete the associated P30 Foundation exam and achieve the qualification.
The P3O Foundation exam is taken the last day of the training, in the afternoon.
Course & Learning Objectives
At the end of the P3O Foundation course, participants will be able to:
- Design a high-level P3O model and its component offices
- List the component offices in a P3O model
- Differentiate between Portfolio, Program, and Project Management
- List the key functions and services of a P3O
- List the reasons for establishing a P3O model
- Compare different types of P3O models
- List the factors that influence selection of the most appropriate P3O model for an organization
- Define the processes to implement or re-energize a P3O
Introduction to P3O
- What is the purpose of P3O?
- What are P3Os
- Portfolio, programme and project lifecycles
- Governance and the P3O
Designing a P3O Model
- Factors that affect the design
- Design considerations
- What functions and services should the P3O offer
- Roles and responsibilities
- Sizing and tailoring of the P3O model
Why have a P3O
- How a P3O adds value
- Maximizing that value
- Getting investment for the P3O
- Overcoming common barriers
How to Implement or Re-Energize a Project Office?
- Implementation lifecycle for a permanent P3O: identify - define - deliver - close
- Implementation lifecycle for a temporary programme or project office :
- Organizational context
- Definition and implementation
How to Operate a P3O
- Overview of tools and techniques
- Benefits of using standard tools and techniques
- Critical success factors
- P3O tools
- P3O techniques
Who should attend?
The P3O Foundation qualification is designed for professionals who:
- Needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning P3O
- Aspire to join a portfolio, program, or project office environment
- Are new to a portfolio, program, or project office environment
Roles might include: Portfolio Managers ; Program Directors ; Consultants ; Senior Members of a Portfolio, Program or Project Bureau.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, experience in project and/or programme management is recommended.
About the P3O Foundation Examination
- The exam is a closed-book format
- The total duration of the exam is 60-minutes (+ extra time for non-native English speakers)
- The exam consists of 75 multiple choice questions with one mark available per question
- You need to score 35 marks out of 70 (50%) to pass the exam
You will receive a copy of the classroom presentation material and the handbook, which contains reference materials. Delegates will also receive the official Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices: P3O – 2013 Edition, ISBN: 9780113314232 guide.
Questions / Answers
Be the first to ask a question about P3O® Foundation
|Category||Project & Programme Management|
|Lunch||Coffee breaks and lunches included|