MSP® Foundation 2 Days (14 Hours) / Exam included
1 550,00 € tax excl.
Highly intensive 2 day course with certification exam
The purpose of the course is to provide delegates with a detailed knowledge of the foundation elements of MSP® and to better grasp this knowledge with some exercises focused on the understanding of the topics covered and other exercises focused on the important knowledge required to achieve good results in the foundation exam.
At the end of this course, delegates will:
- Understand the principles and structure of MSP
- Understand the benefits of a structured method in a changing environment
- Have a good knowledge of the MSP process model
- Understand the MSP themes
- Be able to draft a Programme brief and Vision Statement
- Propose a Programme organisation structure
- Understand the importance to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Understand the vision and the blueprint and how they can be applied to the best advantage
- Know how to apply progress control mechanisms
- Appreciate the principles of programme level quality and risk management
- Realize the importance of configuration management
There will be a detailed introduction to present an overview of the method and to prepare delegates for the information which then follows. There will then be individual topics, each focused on the themes and Flows of MSP®. For each topic, there will first be a presentation to identify the major and most important aspects of that element. That will be followed by a simple but worthwhile exercise designed to enable delegates to recall some of the details.
Throughout the course, there will be an integrated delivery of the Themes and Flows of MSP®. Additionally the manual will be referred to, with the aim of further consolidating important information required to succeed with this popular and successful programme management method.
Delegates will be offered useful evening work to help them better prepare for the foundation exam. Topics covered are as follows.
Day 1- Introduction; Programme Organisation; Vision; Leadership & Stakeholder Engagement; Benefit Management; Blueprint Design & Delivery; Planning & Control; Business Case; Risk & Issue Management
Day 2- Quality & Assurance Management; Identifying a Programme; Defining a Programme; Managing Tranches; Delivering Capability; Realising Benefits; Closing a Programme; Exam Preparation; Foundation Exam
Who should attend?
The course is of considerable value to most working in business, particularly to anyone in an organisation where change is taking place. It is designed for those who require an introduction to the MSP® method. This is clearly suited to any who are involved with programmes, who wish to play a more effective part in these programmes, and who need to better understand the mechanism of successful programme management.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course. However, delegates should ideally have experience in project and/or programme management to benefit from this course.
About the Exam
The MSP® Foundation exam takes place on the second day in the afternoon.
The MSP® Foundation certification introduces the Managing Successful Programmes method and terminology. The purpose of the Foundation certification is to evaluate whether you know and understand the MSP guidance well enough to be able to work with a team involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP®.
- 75 multiple choice questions per paper with one mark available per question
- Five questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 marks available) - 50%
- Online exam
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
Delegates receive a syllabus with the presentation, exercises and sample papers and their copy of the core book “Managing Successful Programmes” by Axelos.
Questions / Answers
Be the first to ask a question about MSP® Foundation
|Category||Project & Programme Management|
|Lunch||Coffee breaks and lunches included|