ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing 3 Days (21 Hours) Exam included
1 650,00 € tax excl.
About this ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing course
This 3-day accredited course is a preparation for the exam "Foundation Certificate in Software Testing" and meets the requirements as provided by ISTQB.
The course covers the fundamentals of software testing, test management, test phases, reviews and inspections, a large number of test techniques for both white-box and black box testing and test tools.
Exam voucher included : participants attending our training will receive a voucher to pass their ISTQB Foundation exam online. This is a prerequisite to participate in the “ISTQB Advanced Certificate exam”.
Course & Learning Objectives
The overall objective of this course is to improve knowledge and gain practical skills in the areas of structured software testing. After attending the course, will be able to:
- Use a common language for an efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders
- Understand established testing concepts, fundamental test processes, test approaches and principles to support test objectives
- Improve the testing activities within the project and the organization by using established techniques
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, analyze and report on the results of tests
- Definitions of quality, testing, software quality and software testing
- Standard test terminology (ISTQB)
- Risk management and test strategy
- Pitfalls, assumptions, budgets,uncertainty, time constraints and risks
- Types of test organizations
- Test planning and management
- Using project management techniques
- Configuration management and change management
- Problem management
- Testware, test products and reuse
- Test phase models (who, what, when)
- Entry and exit criteria
- The benefits of early error detection
Static and dynamic testing
- Static techniques (reviews, inspections and walkthroughs, code metrics)
- White box techniques (different types of coverages)
- Black box techniques (including equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision tables and state transition testing)
- Exploratory Testing and Error Guessing
- Types of tools (CAST)
- Usability, advantages and disadvantages, costs and revenues
- Tools and reuse (regression testing)
- Data driven testing
- Implementation and maintenance
Structured testing shall be discussed from both theoretical and practical perspective. Exercises and forming opinion are an important part in this cour.
Who should attend?
Testers who want to study the structured testing ansed as part of their test career want to gain the ISTQB Foundation Certificate.
Users, developers and administrators involved in testing information systems and software products.
Quality officers and project managers who want to explore structured testing and defining test standards.
Candidates should have a basic working knowledge of IT.
About the Examination
Upon passing the exam you will receive the official ISTQB Certificate.
During the course you will practice test exams. It is recommended to prepare for the exam by studying the curriculum in the evenings.
Holders of the Certified Tester Foundation Level qualification are eligible to continue on to higher level software testing qualifications
Founded in 2002, ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) is a not-for-profit association legally registered in Belgium, comprising 47 national boards (including the UKTB) covering 71 countries worldwide. ISTQB has defined the Foundation certification as part of their ‘Certified Tester’ scheme that, with over 200,000 certifications, has become the de facto world-wide standard for software testing qualifications.
Questions / Answers
Be the first to ask a question about ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing
|Category||Architecture, Developement & Testing|
|Lunch||Coffee breaks and lunches included|