DASA DevOps Fundamentals 3 Days (21 Hours) / Exam included
1 850,00 € tax excl.
Our 3-day DevOps Fundamentals training is the starting point for an organization going ahead with DevOps.
To improve workflows and ensure faster deployment, anyone working in an agile or DevOps team should get a core understanding of the DevOps fundamental concepts. During this course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the core Agile DevOps principles covering the essential knowledge and competences that have been defined by the DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA).
You will gain knowledge in the DevOps vocabulary and understand its principles and practices. You will acquire a thorough understanding of Devops through real-life case studies, examples and extensive exercises.
Transform your IT infrastructure by a successful implementation of DevOps principles ?
Large companies such as Facebook, Spotify and Netflix are doing it ! Among the benefits, up to 200 times faster software deployment, 30 times increased deployment frequency and 60 times higher change success rates. Organizations, large and small, young and old, have magnificently made the transition with proven results.
Course & Learning Objectives
After this course, you will:
- Understand why organizations are adopting DevOps practices from both the business and IT perspectives
- Be able to explain what DevOps is
- Have knowlegdge of the DevOps values and principles
- Understand how DevOps interfaces with other frameworks such as agile, lean and IT Service Management
- Identify DevOps organizational considerations such as DevOps roles, teams and organizational structures
- Become familiar with key DevOps practices
- Recognize common DevOps automation practices and tools categories
- Be ready to adopt a DevOps Culture
PART 1: COURSE INTRODUCTION
- Course learning objectives and agenda
PART 2: DEVOPS INTRODUCTION
- Emergence of DevOps
- Core concepts of DevOps
- DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA)
PART 3: CULTURE
- Introduction to a DevOps culture
- Key elements of DevOps
- Implementation of a DevOps culture
PART 4: ORGANIZATION
- Organizational model
- Autonomous teams
- Architecting for DevOps
PART 5: PROCESSES
- Defining Agile, Scrum and Kanban
- DevOps in relation to ITSM
- The Scrum approach in more detail
- Optimizing processes using Lean
- Business value optimization and business analysis using Story Mapping
- Software delivery lifecycle in a DevOps organization
PART 6: AUTOMATION
- 6A automation concepts
- Automation for delivery of software
- Continuous delivery core concepts
- Continuous delivery automation concepts
- Continuous delivery automation focus topics
- 6B data center automation
- Emergence of Cloud technology and principles
- Cloud services concepts in a DevOps organization
- Automated provisioning concepts
- Platform product characteristics and application maturity
PART 7: MEASURE AND IMPROVEMENT
- Importance of measurement
- Choosing the right metrics
- Monitoring and logging
EXAM PREPARATION GUIDE
- Qualification Learning Objectives
- Learning Level of the Syllabus
- Exam Instructions
- Tips for Taking Exam
Sample Exam & Exam
Who should attend ?
This course is designed for those involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management. For those whose role is touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as DevOps engineers, Scrum Product Owners, Integration Managers, System Administrators, … will also benefit from this course.
Having a basic knowledge of agile, scrum, lean and itsm principles is beneficial.
About the Examination
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals exam is taken at the end of the second training day, after the afternoon break (around 15:30).
- Exam Format: Closed-book format, Web-Based
- Questions: 40 multiple choice questions
- Passing Score: 65%
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes + 15 minutes extra time for non-native english speakers
- Proctoring: Live or Webcam
Participants will receive a digital set of training materials including the eBook/syllabus, sample papers, glossaries and access to the DevOps Quickscan.
Questions / Answers
Be the first to ask a question about DASA DevOps Fundamentals